Friday 16 March will see both the National Day of Action Against Bullying and the first meeting of the Queensland Government’s Anti-Cyberbullying Taskforce.
More than 800 Queensland state schools have registered to be a part of the day of action, representing more than a quarter of the total number of participating schools across the nation. Queensland schools have a long history of working with students, parents and communities to address bullying and have developed many innovative and effective practices. There is always more that can be done.
The Queensland Government formed the Anti-Cyberbullying Taskforce to develop a strategy for the whole community to address bullying. QTU President Kevin Bates has been appointed to the taskforce by the Premier, and he will carry the views of the more than 45,000 teachers and principals in schools and TAFE into the public debate.
To inform our contribution, the QTU has today launched a new page on the QTU website (www.qtu.asn.au/antibullying-taskforce) outlining the work of the taskforce and calling for teachers and schools to share their stories of addressing bullying. Why not take the opportunity to visit the page and share your story or that of your school.
Check the website for updates as the work of the taskforce progresses.
Uploaded 14 March 2018
Workload Wednesday topics
- Applying for part-time - 23 May 2018
- Basic guides to working conditions - 24 Jan 2018
- Bullying - no way - 14 Mar 2018
- Day 8 advice - 31 Jan 2018
- Girls' uniform - 7 Mar 2018
- Industrial Education Relations Leave - 25 July 2018
- Managing student absences - 27 June 2018
- Meal breaks and playground duty - 13 June 2018
- Minimum period of LSL - 30 May 2018
- NCT lost because of public holidays - 9 May 2018
- Parent/teacher interviews -2 May 2018
- Recognising experience in the classroom - 7 Feb 2018
- SATE year 10 - 21 Mar 2018
- School leader workload - 28 Feb 2018
- Securing your break entitlements - 20 June 2018
- Sick leave and lesson planning - 16 May 2018
- Strengthened NCT provisions - 21 Feb 2018
- Support at formal meetings - 6 June 2018 2
- Teacher registration - 14 Feb 2018