Fair Funding Now! / Change the Rules
To be held from May 21 to 22 June 2018
QTU members will be asked to vote Yes to the following motions:
- THAT QTU members urge the Turnbull government to immediately reverse its $1.9 billion cut to public schools in 2018/19 and remove the 20 per cent cap on the Commonwealth Government contribution to the schooling resource standard (SRS) for state schools.
- THAT QTU members acknowledge the success of the Investing for Success (I4S) program and demand the Commonwealth and Queensland governments fund 100 per cent of the SRS to state schools by 2023.
- THAT QTU members call on the Turnbull government to contribute to capital funding for state school facilities in Queensland.
- THAT QTU members reiterate support for a ballot for industrial action to ban unacceptable or unsupported changes (such as a standardised phonics assessment for six-year old’s) that the federal government attempts to impose as part of funding arrangements.
- THAT QTU members support the Change the Rules campaign to achieve:
- secure jobs for employees
- better pay rises
- a living wage, not just minimum wages
- fair bargaining processes
- enforceable rights for workers and their unions.