Basic guides to working conditions
Our working conditions, whether old or newly won, have been hard-fought for by QTU members across the state, and the Union is committed to ensuring that you get the utmost benefit from them.
That’s why we publish a series of basic guides designed to give you a clear, concise overview of your core conditions, rights and responsibilities under the 2016 enterprise bargaining agreement and the modern award.
These guides, which cover everything from class sizes, non-contact time and consultation through to your legal rights and leave entitlements, are designed to be used in conjunction with the QTU’s fact sheets, fact checker and information brochures. All of these are being added to and updated all the time, so be sure to check back regularly on the QTU website via the link below for the latest information.
Visit www.qtu.asn.au/index.php/advice/brochures/ for basic guides, brochures and fact sheets.
Uploaded 24 January 2018
Workload Wednesday topics
- Applying for part-time - 23 May 2018
- Basic guides to working conditions - 24 Jan 2018
- Bullying - no way - 14 Mar 2018
- Day 8 advice - 31 Jan 2018
- Girls' uniform - 7 Mar 2018
- Industrial Education Relations Leave - 25 July 2018
- Managing student absences - 27 June 2018
- Meal breaks and playground duty - 13 June 2018
- Minimum period of LSL - 30 May 2018
- NCT lost because of public holidays - 9 May 2018
- Parent/teacher interviews -2 May 2018
- Recognising experience in the classroom - 7 Feb 2018
- SATE year 10 - 21 Mar 2018
- School leader workload - 28 Feb 2018
- Securing your break entitlements - 20 June 2018
- Sick leave and lesson planning - 16 May 2018
- Strengthened NCT provisions - 21 Feb 2018
- Support at formal meetings - 6 June 2018 2
- Teacher registration - 14 Feb 2018